A classic steak recipe featuring either sirloin, rump or rib-eye steaks and a creamy peppercorn suace that takes under 20 minutes to prepare and cook. A fantastic recipe for two.
2 sirloin, rib-eye, rump or centre cut steaks
1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Peppercorn Sauce:
3 tablespoons good, hot beef stock
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns, crushed
100ml double cream
1 tablespoon freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Heat a large non-stick frying or griddle pan, season the steaks and brush with the oil and cook according to your preference.
2. Transfer to a warm serving plate, loosely cover with foil and keep warm.
3. To prepare the peppercorn sauce; add the stock to the same pan and stir gently to remove any sediment from the base of the pan. Add the mustard, peppercorns and cream.
4. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Garnish with the parsley. Stir any meat juices from the steak plate into the sauce.
5. Serve with the steaks and seasonal vegetables.
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side